Official Launch of Aurora’s 605 Innovation District
Aurora, Illinois has been a premier city for technology and workforce development for years. Now poised and ready to become a sandbox for innovation, Aurora is partnering with world-class companies and investing in smart city infrastructure to become a leading-edge urban development hub for the State of Illinois and beyond.
Please join us at TechVibe, the official launch event of the 605 Innovation District at Bureau Gravity, the district’s business intelligence and media hub.
Thursday, July 11th, 2019
Bureau Gravity in Downtown Aurora
56 S. LaSalle Street, Aurora, IL 60505
Attending Officials & Stakeholders
Richard C. Irvin
Smart City Capital CEO
4pm605 Innovation District "Plug-In" Ceremony
Opening Remarks From:
- Illinois Governor JB Pritzker
- Mayor of Aurora Richard C. Irvin
- Michael Pegues, City of Aurora Chief Information Officer
- Jimi Allen, CEO of Bureau Gravity
Special Presentations To:
- Simply Destinee Youth Studio
- At Risk Mentoring
5pmRoundtable Stakeholders Meeting
Guest Speakers Include:
- Nelson C. Santos, President & Co-Founder of Scientel Solutions
- William Sullivan, Professor & Director of Rokwire - University of Illinois’ Smart, Healthy, Immunity Initiative
- Bob Bennett, Chair for Cities Today Institute
- Oscar Bode, CEO & Founder of Smart City Capital
6pmNetworking, Drinks & Hors d’oeuvres, and Entertainment
For guests who are traveling and need overnight accommodations, a block of rooms has been reserved at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites located at 111 North Broadway Avenue in Aurora. When calling to make your reservation, please mention TechVibe. Please call 630-896-2800 to make your reservation.
Public parking will be available at the lot at the corner of Broadway and Downer Place as well as LaSalle and Benton. LaSalle Street will be closed to traffic.
City of Aurora CIO
Bureau Gravity CEO